SKIPPER ASSESSMENT/REFRESHER WEEK
Preparation course for professional skipper
09.04.2022. – 16.04.2022
1 full week
Price : 790,00 Euro or 5.890,00 Kn
Refresher week is an intensive, 7-day programme for all those who have some basic sailing skills, but lack the confidence to enter into the skipper world on a full scale. If you are still insecure regarding your dockings or have sailed before, but don’t know how to manage a charter week or handle demanding guests.
This course is for you if:
- You have finished Vodan Yachting Skipper Academy, but still don’t feel completely secure about everything
- Finished some other course or academy, but want to make sure your skills are in line with high professional criteria
- Have worked as a skipper before, but had a long break and want the fast and efficient way back into the gig
- Want to up your game in general
- Want to prepare for Yachtmaster A or B category licence
- Prior sailing knowledge (minimum Coastal skipper level)
- English language proficiency
Sailing yacht : Bavaria 46 (or similar, 4-5 cabin sailing yacht)
Practical and theory lessons in central and south Adriatic (Šibenik, Split and/or Dubrovnik area)
School provides preparation course for charter skippers, teaches you necessary skills to become a successful professional skipper.
Minimum 4 persons
- Accommodation on boat
- Experienced instructor on-board, with RYA / IYT Yachtmaster Instructor licenses
- Fuel for the boat
- Marina fees
- Preparation for Croatian boat leader/Yacht-master license
- Discount on Boat leader C, Yacht master category A preparation courses with our partners Adria Libar
- Tourist tax
Not included in price:
- Transportation to / from the base
- Food and drinks
All candidates that satisfy the course program and have shown attitude towards further improvement, we guarantee possibility to get more experience, enroll in different sailing opportunities and work as professional skippers!
First and most important part of the course is assessing the level of
competence of course participants. Our instructors will give you a set of tasks
in order to see how you handle some usual situations on the boat, and then
continue to work on the skills you don’t feel confidence with.
Considering this course adapts to your needs, there is no specific curriculum.
However, from the experience, most refresher courses focus on:
– Yacht manoeuvring (docking, leaving berth, docking in windy situations
– Advanced sail trim
– Anchoring with stern line
– Advanced dinghy operations
– Route planning for charter purposes
– Communication with charter and crew (stewardess or chef)
How to book this course:
1. Click „Book your place now“ to fill in the application form.
2. Once we receive your application, we will send you the payment details for the booking deposit.
3. You can read our full Terms of purchase here.
Once we receive your deposit, your place has been booked.
You can pay the balance up
to 7 days prior to arrival.
+385 99 582 7007