VODAN SKIPPER ACADEMY
Preparation course for professional skippers
02.04.2022. – 16.04.2022, 2 full weeks – FULL
09.04.2022. – 23.04.2022, 2 full weeks – OPEN
Price : 1.600,00 Euro or 11.890,00 Kn
Price does not includes VAT
Sailing yacht : Bavaria 46 (or similar, 4-5 cabin sailing yacht)
Practical and theory lessons in central and south Adriatic (Šibenik, Split and/or Dubrovnik area)
School provides preparation course for charter skippers, teaches you necessary skills to become a successful professional skipper.
Croatian Adriatic is the world’s biggest hub of nautical tourism. With thousands of sailing boats, catamarans, yachts and speedboats, work opportunities are everywhere. In order to successfully work as a skipper, you need not only a licence, but also practical knowledge and guidance. Vodan Skipper Academy is an intensive 2-week programme that will give you a systematic, well-structured start in the world of professional skippers.
This course is not a sailing school, but much more. All the knowledge on operating a boat that you might learn in a sailing school is upgraded with details of professional work, from technical troubleshooting to communication with customers, crew and charter, your rights and obligations as a skipper and much more.
BEGINNERS ARE WELCOME
You don’t need prior knowledge in order to participate in Vodan Skipper Academy. Experience is welcome, but not necessary to complete the course and to start working this year.
Minimum 4 persons
- Accommodation on boat
- Experienced instructor on-board, with RYA / IYT Yachtmaster Instructor licenses
- Fuel for the boat
- Marina fees
- Preparation for Croatian boat leader/Yacht-master license
- Discount on Boat leader C, Yacht master category A preparation courses with our partners Adria Libar
- Tourist tax
Not included in price:
- Transportation to / from the base
- Food and drinks
All candidates that satisfy the course program and have shown attitude towards further improvement, we guarantee possibility to get more experience, enroll in different sailing opportunities and work as professional skippers!
Maneuvering with a yacht
- Approaching a mooring
- Leaving a mooring
- Alongside mooring to a peer/yacht
- Mooring to a buoy
- Chart work
- Course to steer
- Dead reconning, Estimated position
- Night sailing exercise
- Knowledge of local weather and interpreting forecasts/meteorology
- The role and responsibilities of a skipper
- Guest managing
- Crew delegating
- Sail trim
- Sail plan and general preparation
- Yacht check
- Engine check
- Regular charter check-in / check- out procedures
Mechanical problems solving
- Engines checks and problem solving
- Basic sails problems, reefing and furling systems
- Electrical systems problems
- Safety equipment and parts
- Safety checks
- Safety guest briefing
- Man overboard drills under power and sails
- Distress situations
- VHF communicat
How to book this course:
1. Click „Book your place now“ to fill in the application form.
2. Once we receive your application, we will send you the payment details for the booking deposit.
3. You can read our full Terms of purchase here.
Once we receive your deposit, your place has been booked.
You can pay the balance up
to 7 days prior to arrival.
+385 99 582 7007