PREPARATION COURSE FOR STEWARDESSES IN CHARTER
Price : 790,00 Euro or 5.890,00 Kn
Sailing yacht : Bavaria 46 (or similar, 4-5 cabin sailing yacht)
Boat stewardess academy
With a lot of practical experience and a certain amount of theory, this academy provides the basic knowledge/skills that are needed when working as a boat stewardess. It is a one week course on a sailing boat where future stewardesses, together with the instructors, have an opportunity to experience the nature of this work in almost the same conditions as if they are hired professionally.
In nautic industry, hostesses are in high demand, and this segment of service develops quickly. Therefore, hostesses must learn a variety of skills, and each new skill is opening new doors for her career.
Having finished this kind of a course makes the first step much easier because you are pretty much familiar with the “life on a boat” and consequently the nature of the work.
Participants are provided with the written material that will help them in future work like the topics of briefing, what cooking utilities are necessary to make the work easier, provisioning lists, recipes…
Number of participants: min. 3
Number of the meals prepared on the boat: approx.15-17
Since the course for the boat stewardesses is organized together with the skipper academy, the meals prepared by the stewardesses are served to all the skippers/participants that are included in the costs of the food. In that way we enjoy the academy by spending our time together, having fun, working, learning, sailing, sharing the same interests, starting the new friendships, helping and supporting eachother…and this is the best part of the academy, learning, and enjoying together.
Instructor: Ivana Cicarelli, an experienced boat stewardess, professor of English and Italian language. When she is not on the board, she works as a “5Rhythms” dancing teacher. Passionate “mover” and a mother of 17-year-old girl. She is happy to be a part of the academy and to share her experience not just as ” a hostess”, but also as “a human being” with its integrity, passion, love, humor, stories, advice, knowledge, recipes… turning ” a hard part of this work” into a “challenging adventure”.
Included in the price:
- accommodation on the boat
- boat fuel
- marina fees
- experienced hostess instructor and experienced RYA/IYT licenced sailing instructor
- Preparation for Croatian boat leader B category
- Discount on Boat leader C preparation courses with our partner Adrialibar
- Tourist tax
Not included in the price:
- transport to and from the boat
- food and drinks
- Boat leader B category exam fees
All candidates that satisfy the course program and have shown attitude towards further improvement, we guarantee possibility to get more experience, enroll in different sailing opportunities and work as professional stewardesses!
Practical parts of the course
- getting familiar with the “life on the boat”
- accomplishing “in real” all the duties of the boat stewardess
- communicating constantly to benefit the better quality of the service
- going through activities of getting/storing the groceries in a practical way
- preparing/serving the meals and cleaning afterward (including dishes for guests with dietary restrictions: vegetarian/vegan/halal/kosher/gluten fre…)
- keeping the interior of the boat tidy ( kitchen area, saloon, cabins, toilettes)
- getting familiar with the rational/economic/practical sides of “living on the boat”
- basic marine skills to be able to help skipper during the maneuvers (ropes, fenders, berthing, getting out of marinas, anchoring, VHF…)
The theoretical part of the course
- the tasks/ duties/responsibilities of the boat stewardess
- going through the subject of “how does the daily working routine ” look like
- how to communicate with the guests/skipper in order to keep the service on a very good level
- how to keep the (constant) flow of the services that are needed
- how does the check-in/welcoming/ briefing look like
- organization/suggestions of the itinerary
- extra services/working hours/free time
- “pay attention” segments and many others
- Preparation for Boat leader category B exam in port authority
How to book this course:
1. Click „Book your place now“ to fill in the application form.
2. Once we receive your application, we will send you the payment details for the booking deposit.
3. You can read our full Terms of purchase here.
Once we receive your deposit, your place has been booked.
You can pay the balance up
to 7 days prior to arrival.
+385 99 582 7007